Thursday, August 11, 2016

Classics Countdown: Dough-sant

Classics Countdown Day 4 is a newer food:

The Dough-Sant
 
 

Location: French Meadow Bakery on North side of Carnes Ave. between Nelson & Underwood streets

Sarah: Dough-sant is a new staple. Introduced in 2013, the dough-sant is the MN State Fair version of the Cronut found on the east coast.

It is so, so, SO good. Take the buttery, flakey layers of a croissant and turn it into a glazed donut. It’s warm, and sweet and wonderful and I could cram an entire one in my mouth right now.

But I will be more reserved when at the fair, because I need to save tummy space for all the other foods I will need to eat.


Anne: The Dough-sant is MN’s take on the Croughnut (NY doesn’t get all the nice pastries!)- a croissant style doughnut. I love me a good pastry, and who doesn’t love the combination of flaky, layered (the technical term is laminated- you’re welcome) croissant with a puffy, sweet doughnut?

When you get a fresh Dough-sant- you guys, it is SO. FREAKING. GOOD. Light, sweet, chewy…I just…my mouth is legit watering thinking about sinking my teeth into one of these treats


Patrick: Possibly the greatest thing to come out of the French Meadow Bakery, and they have made some delicious shit!

The perfect chimera blend of a croissant and a doughnut, this baked confection is my jam. It is light, airy, and a perfect sized delight. Imagine a flaky, buttery, doughnut and you are almost there.

I try to get this each time, because I can polish off one by myself and not ruin my appetite

6 comments:

  1. I think there's a place at the fair where you can get a cronut now - a stand outside the Miracle of Birth, across from the Colesium. It's a little more croissant-y (or "laminated", thanks Anne) than the Doughsant. I still think I like the doughsant better. As much as I love a good croissant, donut > croissant, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! We might have to do a side by side comparison

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dang! we'll have to get that then

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I didn't know about this. Thank you for your service in enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome. You won't regret trying it!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!